Thursday, July 10, 2014

CARD# HPJ-2014-39: A Proper Vintage Gentleman

This is the third commission I did recently. What was needed was a masculine card with cars for the theme and the base would be a tri shutter.


I am starting to believe tri shutter card is the growing favorite of the people who ask for my cards. Though they are a little tedious and exacting to make, they are pretty after all the decorating is finished. So many things can be done on the panels and one can change how the card would be folded to show whichever panels are preferred. This most recent tri shutter card that I made is longer than all the other that I have created. When closed, it measures approximately 6.6" x 4.5". It could still fit inside one of my acetate boxes. Heh.



 I placed a pocket at the back of the main panel to hold the extra sheets for the messages.

I didn't have much left from the set of loose 12" x 12" Graphic 45 papercrafting paper that I bought last month since I already utilized them in my previous vintage masculine cards, but there was enough left for this particular project. The part that was left had the car on it which was perfect. I cut them up and adhered them onto the panels layered with kraft paper and black board paper. Pity the image did not reach up to the topmost panels. There was a few millimeters of black, but I remedied it by cutting a side of the patterned paper and placing the strips on those extra black spaces.


I printed some sentiments and placed them on the inner panels along with one of the images I was asked to include. I was told to add something related to basketball at the top of the photo. The space was a bit small so I thought I'll just add a silhouette and some printed out words. I didn't hear anything after that. I don't know if they have seen the revision, but I did what I could.
The image above is what the card looks like lying flat.


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Ivory, red and black board paper, kraft paper, Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman Collection, Papemelroti stationery, computerized images and sentiments, pearls, ColorBox Cat's Eye Queue Pigment Ink Chestnut, Caronia Nail Polish Copper Rock Frosted 

No comments:

Post a Comment