Monday, December 29, 2014

Change of Name

Hi there! Welcome to today's post. You might be wondering about the changes I made to the blog recently-- the layout, the contact information, etc. Guess what, I have changed the name of my little venture. From Hodge Podge Jenna, it is now papierush [pa.pje.rʌʃ]. My sister has been pestering me about the name I was using being too common and too long. I had been using Hodge Podge for my tumblog and other accounts so I just basically turned my blogger and IG usernames into the same thing. I would still continue using Hodge Podge Jenna for my tumblr account though, which is my personal blog, and I would be leaving this blog as is. The next posts will be placed on the new blog papierush. I hope you don't get confused.

 I am still in the process of fixing my new blog. Please bear with me for the time being. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

UPDATED TO ADD: When I started this particular blog, I named it Hodge Podge Jenna. I thought hard of a name that I could use for my little venture, but I stuck to it since I have already used Hodge Podge as a username in tumblr and as title in my Facebook banners. I have mentioned the reason behind the name in the previous entry.

Now that the new year has began, I have gone ahead and changed the name of the venture into papierush. I am still using Hodge Podge Jenna though for my personal blog.

When I started accepting paid commissions for cards a few months ago, my sister would always tell me that the name is too long and there are so many Hodge Podges out there. The name has a great meaning to me and I thought then that I could go ahead and use it. But it got me thinking just the same. Since 2015 would be coming in soon, I decided to think of another name to use. Gad. All of the names I could think of that I want are already taken. I pestered my sister to do some brainstorming with me since she wasn’t doing anything much. So, one afternoon, while wearing my energy out thinking of a good name, she suggested Paper Rush. She asked what the French for paper was (papier). “So? What about it? I asked. She said that it is something like sugar rush or adrenaline rush and that it could also be related to papyrus. I got what she wanted to say. In sugar rush, you get hyped up or reach a certain ‘high’ when you consume a lot of sugar. The ‘rush’ in Papier Rush could be likened to the same ‘high’ but with paper. Thus the tagline, ‘A Different Kind of High’. After checking if a domain with the same name already exists and finding none, I decided to use it. We then moved on to how it should be written (or should I say stylized). At my sister’s suggestion, I removed the r from papier  (which makes sense because the r is silent in French) coined the two words and wrote the new one in small caps. We now have papierush pronounced as [pa.pje.rʌʃ]

The next commissioned projects that I would be working on will be posted on my new blog papierush

No comments:

Post a Comment