Monday, December 08, 2014

CARD# HPJ-2014-66: Maligayang Pasko

Christmas is just around the corner and here's another commission for a Christmas card. The customer wanted it to be a Filipino-themed Christmas so she asked for a parol for the main embellishment as well as Christmas lights. 

I've made several tent cards a few weeks ago and I thought that a tent card base would be able to show off the parol really well. I've tried a regular fold card with a die cut background at first, but it just wouldn't do. Here is the final look after adding some red and green elements as the customer suggested:

The card measures 4.5" x 5.75".



I honestly got a bit frustrated with the star because I wanted to do an origami, but I couldn't remember exactly how I made each point of the star when I was in high school. What added to my frustration was that I couldn't find anything similar online. There was this tutorial that looked close to the one I was envisioning, but the way the points are made is different. Well, after having my patience and energy drained, I decided on just using a piece of rubber foam for the base of the star and covering it with metallic paper since it is hard to make a tiny origami star like what I wanted. Fortunately, the rubber foam star looked good.


I adhered black strings onto the top of the window for the 'Christmas light wire' and added crystals for the actual lights.


I tied a length of red baker's twine and stuck three red stamens to add more color to the front of the card.


I hope the recipient likes it. Thank you for looking today!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel White Board Paper, Prestige Board Paper Zulu Black, kraft paper, Rives Tradition Board Paper Black, Eno Greeting Wrapping Paper Book, Starburst Specialty Paper Dark Brown, Reynold's Wax Paper, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two Blush, # White Baronial Envelope, strings, baker's twine, self-adhesive crystals, brad, rubber foam, stamens, Uni-ball Signo Broad White, Spellbinders Nestabilities A2 Card Creator Tranquil Moments and Labels Thirty-Five, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments:

Post a Comment