Wednesday, September 10, 2014

CARD# HPJ-2014-46: Rock On

I made another Telecaster


The card measures 4.25" x 5.5".



I had to make a music-themed card for an order and came up with this. I was inspired by the layout of this simple and pretty card I found in Pinterest. It was created by Diana Nguyen. You can check out her blog here


I was thinking of not using dimension tape because the card is supposed to be sent abroad meaning it should be light and kind of flat. But then again, it would not feel the same. The look would be different without dimensions. Since the card is already thick due to the additional sheets for the message inside, I thought it wouldn't matter. I've tried sending cards with heavier embellishments to the US before and I didn't have any problems. The lady in the post office only asked me what was inside the envelope because there was an obvious bump. When I told her it was a card, she didn't ask any more questions.

I guess the people here are not that used to handmade cards being sent here and there compared to other countries. I don't think they also know about mail art. I won't discuss it in detail here, but one time I had to put mine inside another envelope, a standard one, to be able to post it. Hmf. I wish people are more aware of papercrafts so they would understand.

Ugh. I have strayed from the topic again. Let's go back to the music-themed card. So I was saying it had to be simple. Not bulky. I used dimension tape for the board paper, but I didn't use any for the telecaster. 

Now about the telecaster... you have gathered that this is not the first time that I used a 'telecaster' on a card from what I said at the start of this post. I actually made one for Telet's birthday three years ago. Hers was red.


The one I made for today's card is slightly different. I didn't draw the details. I punched holes, scored the paper and added tiny pearls instead. I made it neat.


The telecaster was the only embellishment I used. The patterned paper that was peeking out from the slash of ivory board paper acts as an accent. I wrote the sentiment with a fine tech pen.


Inside the card, I affixed a piece of patterned paper (another music sheet). I added a pocket for the extra sheets for the messages. At first I thought of just adding a strip of paper (like a band), but when the customer said she needed 10 sheets, I changed it to a pocket. The stack of paper, though thinner than the board paper I used for the base, would not fit into the band. Thus, the pocket.



I rounded the corners of the cardstock and inked the edges. I stamped several images on the sheets so as not to appear too bare. For the first page, I stamped a banner and handwrote a sentiment. It was a continuation of the sentiment at the front of the card.


I made a lining for the envelope to match the card.




That was that. Another simple card made. I hope to finally start my holiday cards and boxes soon. Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel 270gsm and 160gsm board paper, Bo Bunny 6x6 paper pad Etc, Rives Tradition Black Board Paper, kraft paper, Tim Holtz Paper Stash French Industrial Revolution, Graphic 45 8x8 paper pad Couture Collection Lovely, pearls, ColorBox Cat's Eye Pigment Ink Antique Pewter, Ranger Archival Ink Jet black Dong-A Fine-TECH Black 0.3, Inkadinkado Clear Stamps Inspirational Lift, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Bundle of Joy, Bo Bunny Clear Stamps Madame Boutique, Bo Bunny Clear Stamps Flourishes and Such, Fiskars Twist and Flip 2-in-1 Corner Rounder Punch, ticket punch, regular hole puncher, Martha Stewart Scoring Board


No comments:

Post a Comment