Wednesday, September 17, 2014

CARD# HPJ-2014-47: Granny

For the lack of a 'creative' title, let's just go with Granny. 



The card measures 5.5" x 5.5".

What was needed for this order was a card with an image depicting a bent woman with a walking stick and a callout (thought bubble) saying,"Aaah. My back! I can't have class today." It was for my housemate's colleague and friend who they tease as a manang. 


My drawing skills suck, but I had to have an image. I found this cute digital stamp online and used it on this card. I forgot about the long curly hair before penning the drawing lines so the image looked a mess. I couldn't do it all over. I just stuck with it.

The edges of the card base and the main patterned paper as well as the second patterned paper were distressed and inked. I should have done the same thing to the image, but I don't know what I was thinking or if I was actually thinking at the time when I glued it down onto the black die cut. Man the focal point looked so clean. It should have been distressed! Gah. I should try to remember to do this next time.


I affixed some crystals and pearls here and there for added effect.






For the inside of the card, since 5 sheets were needed for the messages, I added the upper and lower panels of the card to the count. I only had to insert three sheets of paper through a thin band I made using a border edge punch to complete the five.


I thought I still have some left of a particular wrapping paper I bought from Papemelroti a few years back, but I didn't. I had no other option but to use one of the envelopes I made for Miss Karen's wedding invitation. It was the perfect size for the square card. I placed a piece of round clear vinyl sticker inside the envelope before packing the card to seal the envelope after they finish writing the messages. I no longer added any crystal inside the card so as not to make a certain mark on the paper.

That was that. It was another fun project. Thank you for looking. Have a wonderful day!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Ivory Paper (270 gsm and 170 gsm), Rives Tradition Black Board Paper, My Mind''s Eye Portobello Road, Tim Holtz Paper Stash French Industrial Revolution, self-adhesive crystals and pearls, Beauty Quality Pigment Ink Pad Black, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Artline Drawing Pen Black 0.4, Dong-A FineTech Black 0.3, Faber Castell Watercolor Pencils grey and black, Maped Colored Pens Grey, stub, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Madame Boutique and Botanical Odyssey, Spellbinders Nestabilities Captivating Squares, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments:

Post a Comment