Tuesday, September 02, 2014

CARD# HPJ-2014-45: Thank You 2

A simple thank you card.

This measures 4.5" x 5.75".

Since this was to be sent abroad, the card should not be bulky. The design should be simple and clean. The giver wanted summer colors to be incorporated in the design. There should be a butterfly somewhere as well as blueberries.

I thought of using white board paper for this. The whiteness of the base and the minimal embellishment would give the card a striking simplicity.

I adhered a sheet of yellow patterned paper onto the front of the card. I used a die to cut out an image on another piece of white cardstock and then layered it onto the patterned paper. The cutout would now show the yellow paper. It would have looked better if it was adhered onto the base with foam tape, but the additional dimension would make the whole thing bulky. I had to forgo the tape.


For the blueberries, I punched little circles on a scrap of blue patterned paper (from the Kaisercraft Forget-Me-Not Collection) using a regular one-hole puncher. I took the dots out from the small compartment of the puncher and doodled the crowns.


I stamped three small butterflies onto the main card and stamped another set on a separate cardstock. I fussy cut the images, folded them vertically and adhered them onto the stamped images on the card. I affixed a couple of tiny crystals around the butterflies for added effect. And oh I stamped the sentiment as well, but I used black ink instead of the colored ones.


I just placed a sheet of vanilla paper inside and left it blank for the message.


Also, the giver wanted an envelope to go with it. She need not asked. I almost always include an envelope with the ordered card except for the ones that needed boxes.

The envelopes that I have in my stash are store-bought, but I personalize them by adding a lining. I used a piece of paper from one of my wrapping paper books for this particular project.


That was that. It was a simple yet pretty card. I hope to work on another wonderful project soon. Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel White Board Paper, My Mind's Eye Six By Six Away We Go, Kaisercraft Forget-Me-Not Collection, Biotop Colors Vanilla, ColorBox Cat's Eye Pigment Ink Turquoise, Olive and Pink, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Bo Bunny Clear Stamps You're Invited and Flourishes and Such, crystals, Dong-A Fine Tech 0.2 Black, Spellbinders Shapeabilities D-Lites Sprigs, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments:

Post a Comment