Monday, December 29, 2014

COMMISSION# 18

Hi there! How are you doing? I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I wasn't able to go home for the holidays, but I am not alone this year. Hah. My sister was with me and we prepared a little something for Noche Buena. I haven't spent four Christmas Eves at home since I graduated from college. The first two I had to go to work. The third one (which was last year), I was on a bus with my siblings for a 10 to 12-hour ride home. We basically dozed on and off during the whole trip and slept almost the whole Christmas Day. That was just great (note the sarcasm here). And this year, we didn't get tickets again. Tsk. I managed to get my brother a ticket since his planned trip schedule was on the eighteenth. I couldn't go earlier than the twenty-third because I had to attend a friend's wedding out of town. So, my sister and I were left, together with her cat MuShi, alone in our apartment to celebrate the holidays. 

Anyway, I have prattled on again. I am actually here to post the, I believe, last two holiday cards I made for this year. It would take several months before I start off with holiday cards again. So here they are.

HPJ-2014-73: Merry Christmas

I received this commission from a student who happens to be from the same department in the university I attend. My roommates know her. I believe she is a friend of one of my customers and she might have been the one to introduce my Facebook Page to her. Awesome! I met with her to give her the cards the other day. She's such a sweet lady. I might see her more often when the classes start next month.

The color palette for the first one included blue, black, white, ivory, gray. I thought I could use the same materials from a previous project (the holiday frame card). I especially wanted the white poinsettia with glitters and a brad at the center and the papers from the My Mind's Eye Portobello Road 6x6 paper pad. Here is what I came up with.

 The card measures 4.5" x 5.75".



    I inked the card base and the papers and made some layering.


I used a paper doily as a background for the focal point. I then added a die cut. I put a glob of hot glue at the back of the poinsettia for dimension before finally adhering it onto the middle of the die cut. I affixed a couple of gold stamens and small crystals for added effect.


I stamped a sentiment onto a die cut tag and adhered it onto the card with foam tape. I also put together some metal charms and adhered the finished product onto the bow.

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel White Board Paper, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two 6x6 paper pad Portobello Road and Breeze, paper doily, lace trimming, metal charms, self-adhesive crystals, stamens, glitters, Elmer's White Glue, All About Scrapbooking brad, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Clear Stamps, Spellbinders Nestabilities A2 Card Creator Tranquil Moments Dies and Splendid Circles, Cuttlebug Machine V2 

HPJ-2014-74: Happy Holidays

I wanted the second card to be green and red. I still have some papers left from my Kaisercraft Pickled Pear Collection enough to make another card.





I used a black matting for the main patterned paper. I distressed the papers and inked them including the card base. I employed layering, but not as much as I did with the other Kaisercraft Holiday cards I made.


I made a wreath out of the red stamens that I have on hand. For the sentiment, I stamped a banner onto a piece of patterned paper and cut the image out. I handwrote the 'Happy Holidays' on it.


MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel Ivory Board Paper, Prestige Board Paper Zulu Black, Rives Board Paper Tradition Black, Kaisercraft 12x12 Pickled Pear Collection, My Mind's Eye 12x12 , lace trimming, self-adhesive pearls and crystals, stamens, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Bundle of Joy, Spellbinders Nestabilities Captivating Squares Dies, Cuttlebug Machine V2

That was that. Thank you for looking today. Have a great New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment