Tuesday, September 30, 2014

CARD# HPJ-2014-48: Welcome to the World


Here is a simple nautical-themed baptism card.





The card measures 4.5" x 5.75".

I layered two patterned papers that had distressed edges and added a strip of paper of a slightly different shade from the first layer at the bottom.


I cut out a decorative circle using a Spellbinders die and adhered it onto the card with foam tape. I affixed the metal charm afterwards.

For the sentiment, I handwrote it on a stamped image of a banner I fuzzy cut. I searched online for a type of knot used in boating that I could incorporate into the card and came upon the Carrick Bend. It was simple and easy enough to do and so pretty at that.



I added several blue green crystals and some pearls as a finishing touch. I used two different papers for the inside panels and left them blank for the messages.


A white envelope came with the card. I placed a nautical lining to go with the theme.


Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!


[Bevania Splendorgel White Board Paper, Carta Bella Sew Lovely, Graphic 45 Secret Garden Collection 8x8 paper pad, All About Scrapbooking Timeless, Eno Greeting Wrapping Paper Book, White Baronial Envelope #6, metal charm, twine, self-adhesive crystals and pearls, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Faber-Castell Multimark 1513 permanent black, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Bundle of Joy, Spellbinders Nestabilities Splendid Circles]

No comments:

Post a Comment