Thursday, October 09, 2014

CARD# 52: Christmas Wishes (Reblog From My Tumblr Blog)

Here is the link to the original post.

(Pardon the low quality photos. The battery of my digicam was dead so I used my tablet instead.)

It's now the fourth day of October. Christmas is so near. I haven't started with my Christmas preparation yet. I'll probably be in a panic soon. Haha.



This card is the first I made for the season this year. It is on the distressed/shabby side. I am planning to come up with several sets using different techniques. There will be the shabby/vintage set, a clean and simple one, a special fold (most probably a triangle trifold) and perhaps a mixed media set.

Going back to the card I posted here, I used the Kaisercraft Pickled Pear papers. I employed a lot of layering—from the background to the embellishment. I just love layers!


I adhered a piece of patterned paper from the collection inside the card and stamped the lower right part with something from the Kaisercraft Botanical Odyssey set.
For the main embellishment (the Christmas tree), I cut out bits of patterned paper and ran them through my Cuttlebug with a Spellbinders die. I snipped the die cuts into small pieces which I then layered onto a triangle cardstock. I added some leftover die cuts (the flourishes) from previous projects as well. I adhered a coupe of crystals onto the tree and affixed a snowflake charm at the top. 

I placed small pearls around the card. As for the sentiment, I stamped on a piece of patterned paper then cut the image out. I wrote 'Christmas Wishes' on it. 

The card comes with a matching box. The center is actually transparent. You can see the tree inside. I cut out a circle at the center of the lid and decorated it with a die cut (the same one I used for the card). I put in a piece of acetate behind for cover. I am quite happy with the result. It was my first time to create something like it. I think I am getting better with cutters. Haha.

I scattered some pearls outside the circle for additional embellishment.

I love the 'window' on the box. I might make more boxes with windows for the other sets.

Woohoo! Another project was done. With bits of paper and a little imagination one can create something pretty that can make someone happy. Thank you for looking. Have a wonderful day!

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel White and Ivory Board Paper, Kaisercraft 12x12 patterned papers Pickled Pear Collection, self-adhesive lace trimming, self-adhesive crystals, pearls, baker's twine, needle and thread, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Bundle of Joy and Botanical Odyssey, Spellbinders Nestabilities Splendid Circles, Spellbinders Shapeabilities D-Lites Sprigs, Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish, Martha Stewart Circle Cutter, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments:

Post a Comment