Monday, August 18, 2014

CARD# HPJ-2014-19: Blue In Green

[I apologize for the uninspired title. I can't think of anything at the moment.]

So, I am on a square card making spree. I do believe this would be the case for quite a while. Watch out for the next projects. 

I muddled the card numbering early on so please forgive me if I am going back to 19. Remember I made different sets before? I was supposed to make two more square cards for the Pretty Squares set, but unfortunately I went on to work on other things.




As I have mentioned on one of my posts on Tumblr, I decided to finally try making distressed cards without actually inking the edges of the paper, which I usually do, and try using gesso, acrylic paint, molding paste, glitter, blings more... I also make boxes that would match the card. I find it wonderful. 

The pictures are really not that good--what with poor lighting and my lack of skill in taking good pictures--I couldn't capture my work right. It looks better in person.

Okay. So how did I go about this card? I used a 5.5" 5.5" white card base and layered it with papers from Prima and Scrapworks. Before distressing the paper, I had to sew them. I used a portable sewing machine on this one, but I had to do two sides by hand because something went wrong with it. (Tsk. I still suck at machine sewing.)

I applied a coat of molding paste onto the flourishes for added texture. I brushed a small part of white acrylic paint and glue onto the paper flowers and sprinkled white glitter over them. I'll try using white sand some time when I get a pack.



I used two dies from the Spellbinders Adorning Labels Twenty-Five set for the sentiment. I honestly wasn't thinking when I wrote 'Wish' first before figuring out the appropriate sentiment for this card so I wrote 'Make A...' on the other one to put some sense into it. Ugh. I could have said 'To A Wonderful Person' or some such. Bummer.

Here are some more photos. I hope to make some more later. Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!




MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Bevania Splendorgel White and Ivory Board Paper, Prima Romantica Collection Adore, Scrapworks Florabella Ginny, paper doily, paper tape, lace, baker's twine, paper flowers, pearls, beads, Golden Molding Paste, Pebeo Studio Acrylic Colour Titanium White, Elmer's Glue, white glitters, Artline Drawing Pen 0.4 Black, Spellbinders Nestabilities Adorning Labels Twenty-Five and Spellbinders Shapeabilities D-Lites Sprigs, Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish, Cuttlebug Machine V2, 'Lil Sew & Sew By Tivax



No comments:

Post a Comment