Monday, June 09, 2014

CARD# HPJ-2014-04: Precious

 The closed card measures 4.25" x 4.25". 
The second commission I accepted was for a first monthsary. My friend and former colleague wanted to give her girlfriend something 'unique' and thought of a card (made by me. Hehe.).
The girlfriend's favorite colors are black, white and gold. And so the papers and embellishments I used were of these colors.

Since what was wanted was a unique card, I thought of doing something different. A special fold card was the very thing for this project. I looked through different folding techniques online (most of them I have already tried) and came upon this card called Napkin Fold. At first I did not know what it was called and I badly wanted to know what it was so I could look for a tutorial on how to do the folds. I found out the name after a couple of searches. You can check out the tutorial of Carol Hurlock of Splitcoaststampers here.  
I used an 8.5" x 8.5" base instead of the 12" x 12" in the tutorial. Aside from not having a 12" x 12" card stock on hand, the closed card would be so big using the original measurements. 
I placed a die cut at the center and adhered a white card stock stamped with flourishes from the Bo Bunny Clear Stamp Botanical Odyssey set. I then added some small pearls. This would be where the message will be written.
I made a matching box to go with it. I decorated the lid with one of the papers I used on several panels inside the card, a length of black baker's twine and a stamped tag.

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: White and black board paper, Bo Bunny Enchanted Collection, All About Scrapbooking It's All About Love, Kaisercraft Pickled Pear Collection, Tsukineko Brilliance Dew Drop Galaxy Gold, Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, die cut, lace, baker's twine, metal charm, pearls, beads, Bo Bunny Clear Stamps Botanical Odyssey, Spellbinders Nestabilities Fleur de Lis Square, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Framed Tags One, Martha Stewart Punch Edge Arch Lattice, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments:

Post a Comment