Wednesday, June 25, 2014

SET# 1: VINTAGE MASCULINE CARDS

Hi there! How have you been? Tonight I am posting a couple of cards that I made in the past few days. I divided them into sets. The first one is composed of vintage masculine cards.

Gah. I have been hankering on acquiring Graphic 45 papers ever since I learned of their existence a long while ago. I had the Secret Garden 8 x 8 paper pad, but I actually have not used it much. What I wanted were the other paper pads (the paper collections, really, but they are quite expensive). I remember getting disappointed a few months ago when I learned that one of the stores where I buy stuff that carries Graphic 45 products does not have the Olde Curiosity Shoppe paper pad available. The designs on that particular collection are lovely and I could just imagine what projects I could make using the papers. Well, that was that. I purchased three others recently along with a couple of loose 12 x 12 papers. They were on sale so I bought what I could. Heh.

Among these 12 x 12 papers are from the A Proper Gentleman Collection which I intended to use for my masculine cards. I made six of them. How unfortunate that I only had six kraft card bases left. I wanted to use kraft paper on some of the feminine cards, but I have to settle on a special fold technique on that score since the kraft paper I have left have been pre-cut for triangle tri fold. Alright. Let's take a look at them.


All the cards measure approximately 4.5" x 5.75". The inside of the cards have been left blank for your personal message. 

CARD# HPJ-2014-05: Celebrate


Celebrate is the word that appears on the front of this card. This would make a thoughtful birthday card or a congratulatory card.


I used two different dies from Spellbinders and a tag from the collection and layered them using foam tapes to add dimension. I tied a length of burlap twine beneath the layered die cuts and adhered a button at the knot. To make it whole, I placed black self-adhesive crystals on both upper sides of the card.


I wrote the sentiment on a piece of card stock I cut using my Cuttlebug with a white gel pen and inked the edges with a Tsukineko Dew Drop Brilliance ink pad. 

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Kraft paper, black board paper, Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman Collection A Proper Gentleman and Haberdasher, Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman Tags, burlap twine, self-adhesive crystals, white gel pen, Tsukineko Dew Drop Brilliance Moonlight White, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Card Creator A2 Tranquil Moments and D-Lites Frame One, Cuttlebug Machine V2

CARD# HPJ-2014-06: A Gentleman


The main patterned paper used on the card is from the Graphic 45 Typography Collection (Inscribe). 

This would make a nice birthday card or just because card for a friend or a loved one.



A tag from the Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman tags sheet was made into the main image of the card. I adhered it on a piece of black board paper cut with the Cuttlebug and the second biggest die in the Spellbinders A2 Valiant Honor set and added some crystals.


Before adhering the main embellishment (which is the gentleman tag on a die cut), I placed a band of black board paper punched at the edges with a Martha Stewart Border punch called Arch Lattice and layered a length of black silk ribbon in the middle. I also attached a couple of self-adhesive pearls on the ribbon and two metal charms on the lower right part of the card. 

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Kraft paper, black board paper, Graphic 45 Typography Collection Inscribe, Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman Tags, silk ribbon, self-adhesive pearls and crystals, metal charms, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Card Creator A2 Valiant Honor, Martha Stewart Border Edge Punch Arch Lattice, Cuttlebug Machine V2

CARD# HPJ-2014-07: Custom Shirt


Once again I employed layering on this card. A simple tag and a couple of die cuts go a long way.


I mixed and matched dies from two different Spellbinders dies sets and came up with this. I placed two black buttons at the bottom for added effect.



MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Kraft paper, black board paper, Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman Collection Haberdasher, Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman Tags, buttons, Spellbinders Nestabilities Splendid Circle, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Card Creator A2 Tranquil Moments, Cuttlebug Machine V2

CARD# HPJ-2014-08: Happy Birthday



I just love layering! You can see how many layers I made on this card. Heh. 


 I cut out two different sizes of the Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Thirty-Five using my beloved Cuttlebug. Dies are awesome! I wish I had more. I can't afford them at the moment. *Weep.* 
I utilized one of the tags from the collection and adhered two layers of foam tape at the back for dimension. The black crystals on the sides are just perfect.

Again I wrote the sentiment on a solid color die cut using a white pen.

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Kraft paper, black board paper, Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman Collection, Graphic 45 Typography Collection Inscribe, Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman Tags, self-adhesive crystals, white gel pen, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Thirty-Five, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Card Creator A2 Tranquil Moments, Cuttlebug Machine V2

CARD# HPJ-2014-09: Wardrobe Essentials


This card is pretty neat. I cut a portion of one of the papers and used it as the main image. I thought at first of layering the biggest Valiant Honor die with the image, but it was a bit smaller so I just went for the plain rectangular base. 


Die cuts really make a card extra special. Together with one of the tags from the collection, it came out to be a nice enhancement to the whole of the card.

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Kraft paper, black board paper. Grpahic 45 Le' Romantique Collection Well Groomed, Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman Collection, Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman Tags, self-adhesive crystals, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Card Creator Tranquil Moments, Cuttlebug Machine V2

CARD# HPJ-2014-10: Old Bond Street


Alright. Here is the last one in the set-- the only one which did not have a single Spellbinders die cut. 

 
Those circular paper stuff on the upper left part of the card came with the tag sheet. I painted three gold brads with nail polish and adhered them on the die cuts. I love it that even though I only have a pack of gold brads, I can still get whatever color I want. I just use my nail polish (I have a box) to paint them to match the project I am working on. How cool is that. 


To add more flair to the card, I glued a metal charm on one side.

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Kraft paper, black board paper, Graphic 45 Le' Romantique Collection Sweetheart of Mine, Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman Tags, brads, metal charm, Caronia Nail Polish Copper Rock Frosted

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you liked my new creations. I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment