Wednesday, June 25, 2014

SET# 3: PRETTY SQUARES

CARD# HPJ-2014-17: Little Sunshine


I have always wanted to make a yellow card, but each time I end up with another color. This time I was finally able to play around different shades of yellow. I was inspired by the layout of a Magnolia card that was entered in a Tilda's Town Challenge.






I opted not to decorate the inside of the card. I wanted it to be simple since the front has already been embellished a bit. I just adhered a piece of vanilla patterned paper and that was that.


I love the details of this card. I layered two different sizes of butterfly die cuts and coated them with crackle paint. This is the first time that I have utilized this technique.
If you have noticed there is a touch of white on the surfaces of the flowers as well as in some nooks and crannies of the card. I actually dry brushed a little bit if gesso on them. The effect is rather lovely. I have been dabbling into mixed media canvas lately and I learned about gesso and the like. The materials and techniques I came upon are very useful in my cardmaking.


Here is another one of my rolled paper roses. They really look pretty when used with other paper flowers and embellishments. 


White, ivory, yellow, orange, gold--these are the colors included in the card's color palette. The ivory and white elements were accentuated by the use of chestnut ink pad. 

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Ivory board paper, My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Two Sunshine, Graphic 45 Typography Collection Journey, Sassafras Lass Vanilla, paper doily, die cuts, lace trimming, paper roses, stamen, self-adhesive crystals, brad, baker's twine, Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint Rock Candy, ColorBox Cat's Eye Queue Pigment Ink Chestnut, gesso, brush, Spellbinders Nestabilities Captivating Square, Martha Stewart Border Edge Punch Arch Lattice, 'Lil Sew & Sew By Tivax, Cuttlebug Machine V2

CARD# HPJ-2014-18: It's Your Day


I have mentioned in my earlier posts how I love the Graphic 45 paper collections. This card used the papers from the French Country collection. 






The inside of the card has been decorated simply with a bit of patterned paper from the collection and a tag which I made by using a Spellbinders die and my Cuttlebug. I inked the edges with a gold ink pad from Tsukineko. Then wrote the sentiment. 


I know that my growing addiction to dies is pretty obvious. Ha. I am having so much fun with them. How I wish I have more sets.

 I used the new Card Creator set from Spellbinders for the background. Isn't it wonderful?


I wrote the sentiment by hand again and inked the edges of the tag.

MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED: Black board paper, Graphic 45 French Country Collection, Graphic 45 Typography Collection, self-adhesive crystals, button, burlap twine, Tsukineko Dew Drop Brilliance Moonlight White and Galaxy Gold, white pen, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Card Creator A2 Tranquil Moments and D-Lites Frame One, Cuttlebug Machine V2

No comments:

Post a Comment